As there is no sign of an official Android Ice Cream Sandwich update yet for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi + 3G GT-P7500, we have the XWKL1 which is the latest rooted leak of the Android 3.2 Honeycomb firmware. This update should suffice till we get the Android Ice Cream Sandwich update.
You can use this update only on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 (Wi-Fi + 3G). You can check your Tablet’s model number using Settings > About Tablet. If you do not own a Galaxy Tab 10.1 P7500, then we would like to advice against using this update.
- You need to have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
- You need a PC running on Windows
- Ensure that you take a back up of all your files and phone data as flashing this update could delete on your tablet.
- If Samsung KIES is running on your computer then shut the program and make sure that it does not run in the background.
- You will need to install the USB drivers from Samsung on your computer. You can download the installer here.
- Disable any firewall or antivirus installed on your PC.
- You can download the XWKL1 firmware update here
Note: Use these instructions at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damages to your device.
- Once you have downloaded the P7500XWKL1_P7500XEUKL1_P7500XXKL3_HOME_ROOT.exe, double click on it. The archive will self extract to a location your PC of your choice. After extracting you will see 3 files in the folder:
3. Odin3 v1.85.exe
- Now you need to switch off your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- You will need to boot your tablet in Download Mode. This can be done if you press and hold down the volume and power keys and let go once you see the menu option. Now press the volume up button.
- The Odin3 v1.85.exe file that you see in the folder, you will need to double click it to launch it.
- You will see the message “Added!” in the Odin3 window when you connect your PC to the Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- If you do not see the message “Added!” then try reinstalling the drivers.
- Locate the destination of the extracted XWLK1 firmware files, by using the PDA button in the Odin3 window.
- Now select the P7500XWKL1_P7500XEUKL1_P7500XXKL3_HOME_ROOT.tar.md5 file.
- Without making any changes to the Odin3’s settings, push the start button to start flashing.
- You will see a green light on the upper left box in Odin or a message “Pass!”, if the flashing was successful.
- If you see a red light on the upper left box in Odin or a message “Failed!”, Then you will have to follow certain instructions:
- You will need to disconnect the Galaxy Tab 10.1 from your computer.
- You will need to shut the Odin.
- You will need to remove the Galaxy Tab 10.1 battery and reinsert it.
- You will have to repeat the instructions starting from “The Odin3 v1.85.exe file that you see in the folder, you will need to double click it to launch it.”
- Once the flashing procedure is complete, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will reboot on it’s own. Once you see the Samsung Logo, you can disconnect it from the computer.
You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 to the Android 3.2 Honeycomb firmware XWKL1.